Yesterday I attended a media preview of Richmond's new Short Pump Kroger that is set to open on July 29th! I am very partial to my Midlothian Store as it is housed in an old K-Mart building, so I feel that it is huge. However, the new Kroger Short Pump is set to be the largest in our area - at 92,000 square feet! This store is beautiful & Short Pump shoppers are in for a treat!
* This Kroger, due to its large size, will carry about 15,000 additional items than most Kroger stores - around 70,000 products total.
* This store will have one of the largest Natural Fresh Produce selections in our area!
* The store will offer a Bistro Bar with prepared foods; you can purchase freshly made Seattle's Best Coffee products; and they also have an amazing Wine Section where you can order wine by the glass! All of these can be enjoyed in their special seating areas!
* The store will have Grill Masters for their Meat & Seafood Departments to offer food samples & to share advice & answer questions regarding food preparation.
* The store is accented with beautiful earth toned walls and wood accented signs. Even though this store is so great in size - they have worked to reduce their carbon footprint by allowing natural light to flow through skylights, they have motion sensors to help save energy in their cold foods & freezer cases and they have laid a special flooring that can be cleaned simply with soap & water and doesn't need any harsh chemicals!
Again, the Kroger Short Pump will have their Grand Opening Celebration on July 29th! This is a great addition to the Short Pump Area & will bringing around 170 jobs to the area - so make sure you stop by to check out the new store!