Yes, Halloween is this Saturday - which means that starting Sunday the Winter Holidays will be all the craze - especially Christmas! It's never too early to start getting prepared, expecially if that means saving money - and energy!
From November 5th-15th, Home Depot stores are offering a $3 coupon for each set of old Christmas lights you trade in! You can then turn the coupons around and use them for savings on the new LED lights, which will be temporarily priced at $5.97. Trade in old lights and get new, much more efficient lights for only $2.97 each! Customers can bring in up to 5 sets each.
Did you know LED lights:
* Use 80% less energy than traditional incandescent holiday lights.
* ENERGY STAR® qualified
* Can last up to 10 times longer than traditional incandescent lights.
* Are cool to the touch, reducing the risk of fire.
* Do not have moving parts, filaments or glass, so they are much more durable shock-resistant than other lights.
* The amount of electricity consumed by just one 7-watt incandescent bulb could power 140 LEDs- enough to light two 24 foot strings!
This is a great chance to do your part and help reduce your carbon footprint, among other things, and to save money at the same time! Thanks, Utal Deal Diva!